by Lisa Whitson, Director of FCAP Operations/ Published June 2014
Managers, board members, and service providers in condominium associations, HOAs, cooperatives, timeshares, and mobile home communities are now united under FCAP as a statewide organization. The basic memberships and designation programs are undergoing expansion to strengthen, build, and standardize each of these programs.
Richard Johns, Director of Operations at Florida Community Association Journal, lives in Summerfield Homeowners Association in Stuart and suggested FCAP consider implementing a board member shadowing or mentoring program. This program will allow non-board residents to sit in as non-voting observers in an effort to give residents a true picture of what it takes to be a board member.
The prestigious CFCAM program is expanding to include online courses, targeted studies, and specialized designations to identify managers’ areas of expertise. The CFCAM professional designation is now offered in a tiered program to include:
As a business owner or executive in this industry, you are asked to give of your time and expertise in order to serve community associations. Working within a regulated industry while growing a company’s bottom line can be difficult. FCAP would like to serve this group of members by providing an expanded list of benefits to include motivational speakers, business consultants, and business roundtables. Additionally, FCAP will work closely with its member service providers to promote member businesses in order to give you exposure to decision makers.
As FCAP continues to grow, expand, and change, you need a way to keep up with what is happening in FCAP. One of the best ways to stay informed is the FCAP Weekly E-mail Update. If you are not receiving the FCAP Weekly E-mail Update, go to the bottom of this page to sign up for this free service.
New FCAP Legacy Program Makes CFCSP Designation Easier than You Think
We appreciate the professionalism displayed by our service-provider members.
The almost two hundred companies that make up that group are committed to the industry and represent many lifetimes of experience! With that in mind, we are very excited to introduce the Legacy Program for CFCSP-Designates. Service providers with a minimum of three years’ experience serving the community association industry can now apply for the CFCSP designation without the introductory DBCA 101 class. Your verifiable experience and references will qualify you to move up in FCAP and join the highly respected group of CASP-designated service providers. For more information about the CFCSP Program, please visit here.
Members Guidelines and Requirements:
FCAP Membership $349
CFCSP application fee $626
Total fees $975
DIAMOND-LEVEL READERS’ CHOICE AWARD WINNER
Akam On-Site, Inc.
Susan Fitch, President
1. Website: www.akam.com
2. Address: 1815 Griffin Road, Suite 101, Dania Beach, FL 33004
41221 Fisher Island Drive, Fisher Island, FL 33109
3. Phone: (954) 843-AKAM (2526); (305) 830-AKAM (2526)
4. Background Info: I have been in the management industry for three decades. Prior to joining AKAM On-Site, I served as Executive Director and Director of Training for the Sheraton, Starwood and The Atlantis Paradise Island organizations. At AKAM On-Site, I inaugurated the position of Vice President of Service Excellence.
5. Years in Industry: I have served in the management industry for more than three decades, first in the hotel and hospitality management sector, and now in residential property management.
6. Area of Service: My passion lies in elevating the service industry as a whole and continuing to define what it means to deliver exceptional service to all of AKAM On-Site’s valued clients. I continue to transfer successes from my hotel and hospitality management experience to my current role as AKAM On-Site President by introducing gold and five-star hospitality service standards, such as concierge programs, to AKAM On-Site’s managed associations.
7. Achievement you are most proud of? During my first year as AKAM On-Site President, I was gratified to be able to accomplish the initiatives of my ambitious business plan. Working together with AKAM On-Site’s top-notch team of residential management experts, we streamlined several core processes that resulted in enhanced client financial services, community outreach, employee training and support, and human resources functions.
8. Business philosophy: My business philosophy is simple: Deliver exceptional service to our employees—the ones who serve our clients—and our clients will bring us success. I have lived by this philosophy with great success when building teams, departments, and companies. Ellsworth Sattler, known as the father of hospitality, wrote, “Hire the fellow that smiles easily and often, get rid of the grouch…send him to the competition.” And I add, “Always remember to say, ‘Thank you.’”